Background

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day Two | Body Rock (and Zumba!)

Let me start off by saying, it feels really good to be back.

Today's work out: http://www.bodyrock.tv/2011/02/25/you-push-me-workout/

I watched the video thinking "oh, this doesn't look too bad. I'm used to lunges, squats and butt kicks thanks to the 30DS and the BL Cardio I've done..." Oh, let me tell you. This ain't nothin' compared to those. Jillian and the BL crew are damn good trainers, but Zuzana kicks butt!

Here's how I did:

Kick over & knee raise: (modified, and didn't use any bars)
Round 1: 13
Round 2: 12
Round 3: 12

Side Lunge Jump:
Round 1: 17
Round 2: 20
Round 3: 20

Reptile push up: (KILLER, modified!)
Round 1: 10
Round 2: 8
Round 3: 8
I suck at push ups to begin with, then you add the reptile part? Woo weeeeeeeeeee.

Sandbag Clean & Squat: (modified)
Round 1: 23
Round 2: 21
Round 3: 20

High Knees: (modified, I don't have a jump rope =/)
Round 1: 60
Round 2: 60
Round 3: 40
I slacked on Round 3 here. I tried my best but I just couldn't go near as fast or as high as my first two Rounds.

All in all, GREAT work out. Had me sweating, has me sore.

But, I didn't stop there...

Hubby let me get Zumba Fitness for the Wii. I have seen Zumba videos and I know what Zumba is, but I have never experienced it.

OH MY GOSH, it's SO much fun! And a REALLY REALLY great work out all in one! It's so fun, it doesn't even feel like you're working out. And I like that it's an actual GAME. Not just a DVD you follow along to. It's awesome.

I did two 20 minute Beginner classes on Easy and even after my first one, I was sweating. It was great. I feel great.

No comments:

Post a Comment