Background

Monday, January 24, 2011

Day Seven | Level Two | 30 Day Shred

People often say that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder," and I say that the most liberating thing about beauty is realizing that you are the beholder. This empowers us to find beauty in places where others have not dared to look, including inside ourselves.
Salma Hayek
________________________________________________

I am not on this journey because I think I'm ugly. I am not on this journey because I think I'm fat. I know I'm beautiful, always have. I know that I look great, but I also know that, for me, I could look better. This isn't about thinking I need to change because of how others see me. I don't even want to change because of how I see myself. One may think I'm fat, one may think I'm not. I know there are other woman out there that are much bigger than I am. I know that I just gave birth to two babies back to back and that that's why I am probably where I am right now. I don't need people to make excuses for me.

I am on this journey because I am in search for a healthier me. I want to be able to play with my kids and not get worn out after a few minutes. I want to be able to go for walks, and run around the back yard with them. I don't want to result to food when I'm feeling sad, stressed or in need of a pick-me-up. I want to look and feel better in my clothes. I am doing this for ME. Me and only me.

No comments:

Post a Comment